Category: Breaking News

Trump relocating immigration judges to speed deportations

(BREITBART) — by John Binder

President Donald Trump is looking to speed up the deportation of illegal immigrants by relocating some immigration judges to detention centers.

In a letter from the Department of Justice (DOJ) obtained by Reuters, the Trump Administration is moving 50 judges to detention facilities in areas like Adelanto and San Diego, California, as well as Chicago, Illinois.

Additionally, the DOJ will ask immigration judges to hear cases from 6am to 6pm with two rotating shifts to hear more cases.

A source close to the DOJ told Reuters that judges will be able to volunteer for the some 50 deployments to detention centers, but if not enough signed on, judges would be assigned.

Last month, Breitbart Texas reported on a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) memo that requested the Trump administration allow federal immigration courts to use “expedited deportation proceedings” for any illegal immigrants living in the U.S. for two years or less. The process is currently limited to those only living in the U.S. for up to two weeks.

[READ MORE]

At least 242 bodies found in hidden graves in Mexico

(NEWSMAX) — Mexican authorities have found at least 242 bodies in hidden graves in the eastern state of Veracruz that were discovered by mothers searching for their missing children, officials said Friday.

The bodies were found over a six-month period, with the first discovered in August near the city of Veracruz by the volunteer collective known as El Solecito, formed by relatives of those who have disappeared.

The collective turns over the digging of the graves to forensic experts.

A total of 124 graves have been located and after combing through nearly all of them, 242 skulls were found, a senior official of the prosecutor’s office told AFP, on condition of anonymity.

Another person close to the investigation, who also asked not to be identified, said the graves contained “a lot of young women’s clothes, credentials, shoes and garments that look like they belong to inner-city kids.”

Veracruz, one of the most violent states in Mexico, is the scene of bloody disputes between the Los Zetas and Jalisco Nueva Generacion drug cartels.

[READ MORE]

Trump administration unveils first step in building border wall

(ZERO HEDGE) — In the first tangible step toward delivering on Trump’s campaign promise to halt unauthorized immigration from Mexico, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on Friday released plans for picking vendors for President Donald Trump’s proposed border wall, issuing a preliminary request for proposals saying it plans to release a formal solicitation around March 6 “for the design and build of several prototype wall structures in the vicinity of the United States border with Mexico.”

In a document on the federal government’s website for business opportunities, the CPB said it would release a request on or about March 6 asking companies for prototype ideas for a wall to be built near the U.S.-Mexican border. Vendors were asked to submit prototype concepts by March 10. After reviewing the ideas submitted by vendors, the agency will evaluate and select the best designs by March 20, then issue a request for proposals by March 24 in which vendors would be asked to price out the cost of building the proposed wall.

A spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection told Reuters the solicitation published on Friday had “everything to do” with the wall that Trump has proposed. The spokesman said the initial request for information was to give industry the opportunity to tell the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees CBP, what is possible in constructing a border wall. “Once we get feedback from the vendors, we’ll look at the ones that are most feasible,” the spokesman said. That would be followed by the request for proposals to firm up exactly how much constructing the wall would cost.

[READ MORE]

Non-stop gun battles spark fear, uncertainty in Mexican border city

(BREITBART) — REYNOSA, Tamaulipas — The ongoing hunt for the leader of the Gulf Cartel in this border city has led to more than nine days of continuous gun battles. The clashes resulted in the deaths of at least 14 individuals –including most of the gunmen. Anecdotal accounts by residents place the death toll much higher.

As Breitbart Texas reported, Mexican authorities have been targeting the leadership of the Gulf Cartel in this city. Officials focused their efforts on capturing or killing Gulf Cartel leader Julian “Comandante Toro” Loisa Salinas, also known as Juan Manuel Loisa Salinas.

Law enforcement’s efforts to apprehend Loisa met heavy resistance from Gulf Cartel troops who continue to fight against military forces. Breitbart Texas reported that the intensity of the clashes escalated to the point where Mexican military forces deployed helicopters with mini-guns and other artillery weapons to fight off the cartel forces. During the gun battles, cartel gunmen continue to use hundreds of makeshift road spikes in an attempt to slow down authorities.

[READ MORE]

Drug catapult discovered attached to U.S.-Mexico border wall in Arizona

(ANTIMEDIA) Phoenix, AZ — While patrolling in Arizona last week, U.S. Border Patrol agents located a catapult near the Douglas Port of entry area that was being used to hurl marijuana from Mexico to the United States.

According to officials, border agents noticed a number of people retreating from the area as they approached, and upon further investigation, they discovered two bundles of cannabis weighing over 47 pounds total. When the agents saw the catapult, they dismantled the apparatus, which was later confiscated by Mexican law enforcement authorities.

In 2013, The Guardian reported that a “marijuana cannon” had been seized from the border city of Mexicali after U.S. officers informed Mexican police that a large number of marijuana packages seemed to have been “fired” over the border. Mexican officials say they have confiscated several such devices in recent years.

You’re gonna have to make that wall a little bit higher, President Trump.

[READ MORE]

U.S. sanctions Venezuelan vice president on drug trafficking

(AZCENTRAL) — The Trump administration imposed sanctions Monday against Venezuelan Vice President Tareck El Aissami, accusing him of playing a significant role in international drug trafficking.

The Treasury Department has been investigating El Aissami for years over his alleged relations with Venezuela’s largest convicted drug trafficker and a Middle Eastern militant group, resulting in the decision to designate him a narcotics trafficker under the federal “Kingpin Act.”

The department said he orchestrated drug shipments from a Venezuelan air base and multiple seaports, some weighing more than 2,200 pounds per shipment.

The department also sanctioned Samark Lopez Bello, a Venezeulan businessman accused of being El Aissami’s frontman. Lopez Bello helped launder money through a network of 13 companies in the U.S., Venezuela, Panama, the British Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.

Treasury officials would not comment on whether the Justice Department will seek indictments against the two men. But the sanctions include freezing all their U.S.-based assets, which include a twin-engine Gulfstream jet, and blocking all their U.S.-based companies and properties. The pair controlled tens of millions of dollars in Miami real estate alone, a senior Treasury Department official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to publicly discuss the case.

Under the sanctions, the two men are forbidden from traveling to the United States, and people in the U.S. are prohibited from conducting transactions with them or the companies they controlled.

The Treasury official said the operation was years in the planning but did not say whether President Trump signed off on the sanctions before they were implemented.

Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., and Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla., called the sanctions “long overdue.”

[READ MORE]

Mexican smuggler says Trump’s wall won’t stop him

(SEEKER) — He grew up poor in Nogales, Mexico, just across the border from Arizona. His dad died when he was a teen, his mother worked as a cook. He couldn’t afford the things he wanted. There weren’t many jobs for a guy like Pancho, as he calls himself.

But there was a steady gig that paid $2,000 a week — smuggling marijuana across the U.S.-Mexico border — and Pancho took it. He’s 29 now, a father of five, and he says he works long hours to support his family, “so that they won’t be in need.” It’s a risky life, but he’s done it for 12 years, and he doesn’t think anything President Donald Trump does about a border wall will stop the illegal narcotics trade.

“No matter what you do here, we can still get through,” said Pancho, while sitting in the dim light of an abandoned tenement just a few minutes south of the border. It was cold and damp, and he sat hunched in a chair in a musty room with a dirty old mattress and newspapers scattered across the floor. The fence along the border used to be shorter, he recalled. It’s higher now, but that’s no impediment.

Smugglers always seem to find a way around such obstacles — over, under or around. US law enforcement agents know this.

“Drugs will come in through every direction,” said Santa Cruz County Sheriff Tony Estrada in Nogales, Ariz., located just across the border. “They’ll throw the drugs over the fence. They’ll push them through.” That or they will tunnel beneath or send people deep into the mountains, where the fence is less obtrusive.

“These cartels, they’re a 24/7 business, thinking of ways to bring drugs across,” Estrada continued. “They’ll do it through the ports of entry, the Mariposa commercial port. You know, they’ll get a ton, two tons of marijuana come in on some of those trailers.”

The drug smuggling is unrelenting.

[READ MORE]

Mexican Marines rain gunfire on cartel boss

(BREITBART) — A regional cartel boss and his security detail engaged in a firefight with Mexican Marines were eradicated when a military helicopter rained gunfire from above.

The gun battle took place in the Mexican state of Nayarit where authorities were trying to arrest a top leader within the Beltran Leyva Cartel. A video taken by a citizen journalists and shared on social media revealed the moment when a Mexican military helicopter used what appears to be rotary machine gun commonly referred to as a mini-gun to fire hundreds of rounds at the gunmen in mere seconds.

The Mexican military had been trying to arrest Juan Francisco “H-2” Padron Sanchez, a top ranking member within the Beltran Leyva Cartel. Authorities tracked the capo to a neighborhood in the city of Tepic, Nayarit where the gunmen made their stand.

Padron Sanchez and seven of his gunmen died in the gun battle, the Mexican Navy confirmed to Breitbart Texas. It remains unclear if any military personnel were injured during the fighting.

As Breitbart Texas reported, the Beltran Leyva Cartel recently lost another of their key regional leaders who was arrested in a ritzy suburb in the border state of Nuevo León. Authorities in that state arrested Eleazar “El Cochi” Palomo Castillo, who was the Beltran Leyva Cartel’s top leader in the area.

[READ MORE]

Convicted, released illegals committed 121 murders during Obama years

(NEWSMAX) — By Jason Devaney

Illegal immigrants convicted of various crimes committed more than 100 murders in four years after they were released from prison and not deported by the Obama administration, according to a new report.

The Miami Herald cites a Senate Judiciary Committee document dating back to 2015, which discusses the recidivism rate among people living in the United States illegally.

The letter states that at least 121 homicides between 2010 and 2014 “could have been avoided” if the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency deported convicted immigrants rather than release them.

“This disturbing fact follows ICE’s admission that, of the 36,007 criminal aliens it released from ICE custody in Fiscal Year 2013, 1,000 have been re-convicted of additional crimes in the short time since their release,” the June 12, 2015 letter reads.

President Donald Trump has vowed to crack down on illegal immigration. He also instituted a temporary immigration ban from seven countries with a terror presence and halted America’s refugee program from certain countries, although those directives have since become inactive as the court system rules on them.

The Herald reports that the majority of the illegal immigrant convicts in question came from countries that generally do not take back people who are deportable. Coupled with a Supreme Court ruling from 15 years ago that says the U.S. cannot imprison a deportable foreign national for more than six months, illegal immigrant convicts are often allowed to stay in the U.S.

[READ MORE]

Trump border ‘wall’ could cost $21.6 billion, take 3.5 years to build

(NBC NEWS) — President Donald Trump’s “wall” along the U.S.-Mexico border would be a series of fences and walls that would cost as much as $21.6 billion, and take more than three years to construct, based on a U.S. Department of Homeland Security internal report seen by Reuters on Thursday.

The report’s estimated price-tag is much higher than a $12-billion figure cited by Trump in his campaign and estimates as high as $15 billion from Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

The report is expected to be presented to Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly in coming days, although the administration will not necessarily take actions it recommends.

[READ MORE]